This Year, Be Your Own Valentine
I love a holiday that has a mandate to eat chocolate – dark chocolate for me, please! It’s also a harbinger for Spring being around the corner, though it can be a LONG corner for those of us who live in the snow belt.
But, Valentine’s Day is especially sweet for fathers with daughters, and ditto for mothers of boys. Now we even have a more recent addition… Galentines Day! Where we celebrate female friends and family!
At its heart, Valentine’s Day is a day for showing your appreciation and love to all of those that you love the most. And hopefully you “heart” yourself for all that you are, and all that you do!
That being said, be sure to put yourself on the top of your own Valentine’s list! If you aren’t feeling very creative right now, here are some ideas to ponder:
- If there’s something specific that you really want, ask your loved one for it! It will make you feel better, and it will also make it easier for your loved ones to get you what it is that you truly desire.
- Sit back and enjoy some of your all-time favorite romantic movies! Click here for a starter list of 30 great rom-com movies for ideas.
- Stock up on popcorn and candy, and have some tissues near by for the tearful films.
- Get a manicure and a pedicure. If you are uncomfortable going to a nail salon due to Covid, give yourself a mani/pedi, or better yet, ask your significant other to give you the “Spa Treatment” at home!
- Create a plan to have a “Proper”Valentine’s Day once the pandemic is behind us – no matter what month we’ll in be in when that happens. (Please, sooner than later!)
- If you’re able, send money to a local shelter for women who are in need of food, clothes, and perhaps most of all – hope.
- Send a Valentine to yourself – you’ll love yourself for it!
- Call your oldest and most cherished friend – you’ll both feel better!
- Cuddle up with your dog or cat (okay, cats, most cat people NEVER have just one cat) or whatever furry, scaly, or winged creature you love.
Click here to DOWNLOAD a free copy of my WOW Valentine’s Worksheet!
So this Valentine’s, be kind to yourself, and be your own Valentine. Have a Happy Valentine’s and Galentine’s Day!
Ready to try out WOW Coaching? Try it … on me! I’m gifting an absolutely FREE 45-minute “WOW” coaching session so you can see how coaching can benefit you. Contact me today and we’ll set up a time to discuss what your “WOW” is and how you can make it happen! (Already a client? Share this with a friend or colleague and I’ll gift them with a free 45-minute “WOW” coaching session!)